A better way to manage your family's healthcare
Because your health is complex, Lincoln Hospital and Clinics have invested in electronic health record systems to better manage all aspects of your health.
The electronic health record (EHR) will allow your provider to:
- Compile diagnosis and treatment notes in an easy to access format.
- Instantly recall information from past visits.
- Make graphs and charts to follow progress.
- View test results and radiology studies with the push of a button.
- Share information with specialists and collaborate on your treatment.
- Receive important medical prompts to help diagnose illness more quickly and effectively, leading to better outcomes.
- Track medications, check for drug interactions and send orders/refills to the pharmacy.
- Print or email charts, graphs, articles and drug information for you to study.
Epic at our clinics
We have partnered in our clinics with Providence Health & Services Community Connect to implement a shared EHR system known as Epic. Epic is the most highly rated EHR available today. The EHR will connect patients and physicians electronically, enabling higher quality and more personalized care throughout the region. Whenever patients are seen at any of our three clinic locations in Davenport, Wilbur, and Reardan, or at a Providence facility, healthcare providers will be able to work from the same comprehensive, continuously updated electronic record, creating real-time access to information. Patients can access their health records from Epic through MyChart.
How safe is your personal medical information?
Your personal medical information belongs to you. Our EHR is compliant with national privacy regulations (HIPAA) to ensure that only qualified medical staff is able to access your health records.
For continuity, our clinics providers will be able to view your records at all three clinics and Lincoln Hospital, and will only share pertinent medical information with specialists that you approve. Your record can be easily sent to a new provider should you move or need emergency care anywhere in the world.
The EHR is kept on our own secure server and is backed up at two different secure facilities throughout the country in case of natural disaster or emergency.