Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Duties: The EMT plans, organizes, directs and controls medical service functions with applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations. This includes response to medical and trauma incidents. Medical treatment, record keeping, restocking and basic vehicle maintenance is also required.
Education: High School Graduate or GED
Experience: Previous experience working as an EMT preferred
- Current license and registration as an Emergency Medical Technician in the State of Washington required.
- Current and active Washington State driver’s license (or in the process of obtaining a current license in Washington State)
- Ability to function in uncommon situations
- Demonstrates basic understanding of stress response and methods to ensure personal well being
- Understands body substance isolation
- Understands basic medical-legal principles
- Ability to function within the scope of care as defined by state, regional and local regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of regulations on the handling of the deceased, notifying authorities and arranging of protection of property and evidence at the scene.
- Proficient with PC systems
- Excellent verbal skills, both written and oral.
- Good physical and mental health
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Open until filled
509.725.2979 ext 1127 or 1119Apply for this job