Mission and vision
We are a community-centered organization with small town heart, dedicated to providing and coordinating personalized healthcare.
We will provide our communities with the highest quality and value to optimize wellness and restore health.
Our core values: I. C.A.R.E.
We are responsible organization committed to the health and safety of people, honest, trustworthy, respectful and ethical in our actions, dedicated to honoring our commitments, and accountable for our actions, successes and failures.
We are committed to facilitating, negotiating, building consensus, building strong teams, and empowering others in our efforts to provide the strongest resource for the highest level of health to our communities.
We are dedicated to our commitments and live up to them, we won't be perfect but we will seek to improve, and we can be trusted. Our actions match up with our words.
We are committed to treating our team members, patients and partners with mutual respect and sensitivity, recognizing the importance of diversity. We respect all individuals and value their contributions.
We are striving for excellence in all that we do, at every level of our or organization.
I. C.A.R.E. Award
Each quarter we award a Lincoln Hospital and Clinics employee with the I.C.A.R.E. Award. These employees are nominated by their peers for exemplifying our core values in their everyday work.
1st Quarter Recipient: Dan Fletcher
2nd Quarter Recipient: Dave Morton
This is what Dave's peers said about him:
- "Dave’s joke of the day always starts my day with a laugh & a smile. That just sets my mood as one of happiness every day."
- "He always brings a ray of sunshine to my morning. I enjoy is jokes on the board and his happy demeanor. He needs to be recognized!"
- "Thank-you for being the front-line face of the hospital during this covid pandemic. I enjoy our early morning conversations & your jokes. It is nice to kickstart my day in a great mood because of you!"
- "Dave goes out of his way every night to find creative things to say on his sign and put a smile on your face when you first get to work. He always has a great attitude."
- "He is always kind and makes everyone laugh with his funny signs at the screening shed. Always brings everyone spirits up and brighten your day."
3rd Quarter Recipient: Jennifer Cashion
This is what Jennifer's peers said about her:
- "Jen is always pleasant & will try to help you in any way she can."
- "She is always going above and beyond."
- "Always willing to come in and cover."
- "Always has a smile."
1st Quarter Recipient: Jeremiah Choate
2nd Quarter Recipient: Susie Postelwait
3rd Quarter Recipient: Hannah Williamson
“Patients are always complimenting Hannah on her hard work ethic and kindness. Hannah comes to work ready and with a great attitude. She shows integrity, respect, compassion and teamwork all day long. Thank you Hannah for leading by example.”
“Hannah has an amazing and positive attitude. When I first started working here, it was hard to build my confidence, but Hannah helped me and encouraged me to boost my confidence. She is always giving 110% in giving patients the best care. “
“Hannah demonstrates great pride in her work and the care she provides to patients. She is an amazing preceptor to new hires. She is very knowledgeable about the equipment used in our facility and the proper care techniques to provide to patients. She has such a big heart for her patients and coworkers, always checking in and helping in any way she can. She is a wonderful asset to the team at Lincoln Hospital.”
4th Quarter Recipient: Gregg Arden
“Service with a smile!”
“Gregg is always responsible and willing to put in the extra hours necessary. Easy to collaborate with and a joy to work with.”
“Always willing to come in and fix things. Good job helping others.”
“Gregg always helps me on the grounds when I need assistance. He has been a great guidance for me in the past month.”
“Gregg is a very open and honest person. This is a huge part in why our facility functions properly. When he combines his skills with others, there is a certain unsurpassed quality he possesses. You can always count on him to get the job done. The respect he has for his job, coworkers and employees at Lincoln Hospital is amazing. Keep up the good work!!”
“He went above and beyond to make sure the ambulance seat was fixed and not a hazard, as soon as it was brought to his attention.”
“Gregg has always had a good attitude and work’s hard. Every time I’ve had a work-related maintenance problem he tries his best to solve it.”